The Windows ® program for designing Class E amplifiers
This program simplifies the design of the single-ended class E amplifier. Operation is intuitive and encourages circuit
We are now at revision 2.08.
- Each of the six design parameters can be specified using a freeform entry scheme.
- Each of those parameters can be "tuned" by clicking on the up and down buttons; see the graphic below. This allows
instant feedback regarding what parameter affects what schematic trait.
- Each parameter has a default value and entries are checked to reduce the probability of ridiculous results.
- As an option the program will read a user-entered load value and match the amplifier to that value of load using an
- Data are written automatically to a "last session" file at program exit time, allowing a simplified program
- The program also writes a schematic (.ASC) file to drive the LTspice simulator from Linear Technology. (Tonne
Software has no connection with Linear Technology.)
This program uses the revised equations presented in "QEX" for Jan/Feb 2001. They are close to but seem to be more
accurate than the more-commonly used set of equations presented in "RF Design" for Summer, 1980.
Here are screen dumps from the program illustrating some of the outputs to the screen. Click on them
to see larger versions; use your browser's BACK button to return.